Filtering when using QuickReports

I can filter if I use a constant within my program. But, how can I use
an edit box on a form for a filter? It does the filtering after opening
the table and before I can get access on an edit field on a form.
Thanks,
Sally

Re:Filtering when using QuickReports

On Tue, 06 Oct 1998 09:21:47 -0400, Sally Stott <sst...@sover.net>
wrote:

>I can filter if I use a constant within my program. But, how can I use
>an edit box on a form for a filter? It does the filtering after opening
>the table and before I can get access on an edit field on a form.
>Thanks,
>Sally

Use string concentation. Try something like
'(aFieldName='+aVariable+')'. If aVariable is a string, you'll have to
wrap single quotes around it, sort of like
'(aFieldName='''+aVariable+''')'. I'm not sure about how many single
quotes in a row you'll need, but try it out a few times. Eventually it
works.

Martin.

Other Threads