BDE Config

Dear All,
Is there an easy way of configuring the BDE system info such as Date
Formats, Local Share and buffer sizes without manually doing it when it is
installed on each machine?

Regards,
Michael

Re:BDE Config

It depends on which installation program you are using.  With Wise
Installation System the answer is yes.  With others you will have to write a
program to do it. See the examples for DbiOpenCfgInfoList at
www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex.

--
Bill Todd

Re:BDE Config

>Is there an easy way of configuring the BDE system info such as Date
>Formats, Local Share and buffer sizes without manually doing it when it is
>installed on each machine?

Are you instlling with InstallShield experss?  If so you edit the Idapi32.cnf
file in the InstallShield Redist directory.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:BDE Config

Hi Brian!

I currently use WISE for installation and have figured out how to modify the
registry after I have installed the BDE but how do you go about modifying
the IDAPI32.cfg file?

What I have found is that the BDE installs with the default to use the cfg
file rather than the registry.  Any help would be appreciated!

--

Regards
Kelvin Taite

Bill Todd (TeamB) wrote in message <6ve785$kr...@forums.borland.com>...
>It depends on which installation program you are using.  With Wise
>Installation System the answer is yes.  With others you will have to write
>program to do it. See the examples for DbiOpenCfgInfoList at
>www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex.

>--
>Bill Todd
>(Sorry but TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)
>(Remove nospam from my email address to contact me for any other reason)

Re:BDE Config

If you are using Wise 6.01 you can modify the BDE Config file as part of the
installation. Wise added that capability in the 6.01 in-line. Note it is not
in 6.0. You must have 6.01.

Do not modify the BDE registry entries that correspond to the config file
entries. You will get the registry and config file out of sync and that
could cause problems. If you want to modify the config file in code see the
examples for DbiOpenCfgInfoList at www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex.
Using the BDE API call will change both the cfg file and the registry.

--
Bill Todd