Export data into ASCII file format

I have to convert a Paradox application into an application developed in
Delphi 4. The old application did a lot of data conversion from Paradox
tables into ASCII delimited text files, with the options to use a different
delimiter using Paradox "exportASCIIVar" procedure. Can anyone point what I
can use in Delphi to do the same?.

Alex Terekhov

Re:Export data into ASCII file format

On you Data Access Tab there is a control called batchmove. The batchmove
component will allow you to create ASCII tables from Paradox tables. This
component has a TStringlist you can use to map fields from the Paradox file
to the ASCII file. See the on line help for complete details.

Neil Huhta

Alex Terekhov wrote in message <71a34d$i...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have to convert a Paradox application into an application developed in
>Delphi 4. The old application did a lot of data conversion from Paradox
>tables into ASCII delimited text files, with the options to use a different
>delimiter using Paradox "exportASCIIVar" procedure. Can anyone point what I
>can use in Delphi to do the same?.

>Alex Terekhov

Re:Export data into ASCII file format

>I have to convert a Paradox application into an application developed in
>Delphi 4. The old application did a lot of data conversion from Paradox
>tables into ASCII delimited text files, with the options to use a different
>delimiter using Paradox "exportASCIIVar" procedure. Can anyone point what I
>can use in Delphi to do the same?.

You can use a batchMove component to do that.  Take a look at this TI
2844 Using The ASCII Driver With Comma-delimited Files
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/ti_list/

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:Export data into ASCII file format

If you are using RxLib see the BDEUtils.pas file.
It contains both Import and Export procedures.

Cezar Nechifor

Alex Terekhov wrote:
> I have to convert a Paradox application into an application developed in
> Delphi 4. The old application did a lot of data conversion from Paradox
> tables into ASCII delimited text files, with the options to use a different
> delimiter using Paradox "exportASCIIVar" procedure. Can anyone point what I
> can use in Delphi to do the same?.

> Alex Terekhov

Other Threads