BDE Throws "exception unknown software exception "

Hello:

Design-mode QuickReport "Preview" throws error:

"The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x77e8f142."

My QuickReport's TDataSet (TTable) is connected to a BDE alias which interfaces with an Inforxmix database instance.

When I click "OK", the QuickReport Preview Pane displays, with only one row of data from the table I wish to display.

My QuickReport is contained within a DLL.  However, I do not experience this error when I connect to the BCDEMOS database, only when I connect to my Informix database via BDE alias.

I would appreciate ideas and suggestions on why this issue occurs.

Thank you,

Kevin