Could not find IDataBroker in Type Library

I am using D4 on a WinNT 4.0 PC.

After creating a project, in an attempt to add a TRemoteDataModule to
the newly created project, I keep getting the error shown in the
subject.  Could you tell me what this means and what to do about it?

I had no problems creating a TRemoteDataModule to a server project until
my PC crashed and had to reformat the HDD.  Everything is back in place
and for some reason, I can't create this component.  What is wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Jon Scott.

Re:Could not find IDataBroker in Type Library

Actually, it's "Could not find interface IDataBroker in Type Library."

Can anyone help with this?
TIA,
Jon.

"Jon E. Scott" wrote:
> I am using D4 on a WinNT 4.0 PC.

> After creating a project, in an attempt to add a TRemoteDataModule to
> the newly created project, I keep getting the error shown in the
> subject.  Could you tell me what this means and what to do about it?

> I had no problems creating a TRemoteDataModule to a server project until
> my PC crashed and had to reformat the HDD.  Everything is back in place
> and for some reason, I can't create this component.  What is wrong?

> Thanks in advance,
> Jon Scott.

Re:Could not find IDataBroker in Type Library

Make sure STDVCL40.DLL is in your SYSTEM directory and registered.
--
Dan Miser
http://www.execpc.com/~dmiser

Other Threads