Removing a dangling Excel

Hi, I have a technical problem to remove a dangling Excel.

I started a ole link with Excel using createobject.When I debug my
application I have sometime to reset before i release Excel so there's a
dangling Excel in memory.
As I restart my application, I would like it can close this dangling Excel.

I can connect to this dangling Excel using GetActiveObject, but i don't
know how to close it cause if I just release the variantObject I created,
the dangling excel remains.
I know that each OLEObject have a reference count which is increased when
another object connect to and decreased when it disconnect but I don't know
how to decrease this count to zero so this dangling excel can close.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Arnaud

Please reply by e-mail.