Alias vs. Path in SQL Database Calls

Anybody know why I can programmatically connect to sql servers only when I
specify a literal path to the database as opposed to using a BDE Alias? When
I used to write ObjectPAL (sorry for the curse word!!!) I was always able to
reference datasets with aliases (if I remember correctly). What could I be
doing wrong or, more importantly, what do I need to do right?

TIA.

Dave

Re:Alias vs. Path in SQL Database Calls

>Anybody know why I can programmatically connect to sql servers only when I
>specify a literal path to the database as opposed to using a BDE Alias?

Please give an example where you're trying to make the connection...??

Are your using TDatabase?

FWIW, the Alias should show up in the list for the DatabaseName
property of DBDatasets  in the Object inspector.... even without using
TDatabase.

=Bill=

Other Threads