Delphi2, NT problem with currency/date...

 Hi there,
 I'm using things like CurrencyString, Now(), ... in my program.
 When the programs run at my place all seems to work fine and the program
 uses the settings from Windows. But when I run the program on another PC
 with NT4 it always uses as currency $, the time format is wrong...
 I checked the settings on that other PC - they are the same as mine...
 Whats wrong - plz help me.

--
                 Frederik Uyttersprot
  Computer Science, Free University Brussels, Belgium

Re:Delphi2, NT problem with currency/date...

Have you tried to override the curreny and date settings using the DELPHI
currency and date format variables?
Idealy, you would query the system OS when your application first launches
and then override the DELPHI
defaults with what ever your systems tells you. Check-out the online help.
BTW I am assuming DELLPHI 2 here.

In article <5fefjh$...@rc1.vub.ac.be>, fuytt...@vub.ac.be (Frederik

Uyttersprot 50032 1KInf) wrote:
> Hi there,
> I'm using things like CurrencyString, Now(), ... in my program.
> When the programs run at my place all seems to work fine and the program
> uses the settings from Windows. But when I run the program on another PC
> with NT4 it always uses as currency $, the time format is wrong...
> I checked the settings on that other PC - they are the same as mine...
> Whats wrong - plz help me.

>--
>                 Frederik Uyttersprot
>  Computer Science, Free University Brussels, Belgium
>      Doolaegepark 39 B-9070 Heusden (O.VL) Belgium
>             Phone : (+32) 09/230.16.08
>             EMail : fuytt...@vub.ac.be

Re:Delphi2, NT problem with currency/date...

I had the same problem.  An App. in 95 worked OK but when running on NT
date, currency etc, were funny.  So started looking around.  A Delphi 1.0
program works fine on both.  But in Delphi 2.0 it seems, have not checked
the VCL, that D2 uses WIN32 API calls and this returns the date in the
format of the machine setup.  Also YOU MUST CLICK "SYSTEM LOCALE".  Don't
ask why, I don't know.  So set up machine for your Regional setting and
then system locale.

Jason.

Other Threads