Saving a Jpeg image into a binary field

I am trying to copy a JPeg image to a Paradox 7 table.  I have the JPeg both
as a file and as in image in a TJPegImage component.  I cannot get any code
to work because I can't get the database field to be of type BLOB.  Here is
the routine:

//  tblPicture is a Paradox 7 table
//  tblPicture.FieldByName('Picture') is a BINARY FIELD  (I have also made
it a graphic field)
//  What do you mean when you say a Binary field is equivalent to BLOB,
//  "and should be represented by a TBlobField object" ?  That is really
what
//  my problem is -- I cannot get the types matched up between the database
//  field and the blobstream to even CREATE the blob stream.  I do not know
how
//  make a paradox field of type BLOB, only of type Binary.  When I look at
this
//  field in Database Desktop, it is a "BLOB Binary".  What am I doing
wrong?
//  ERROR MESSAGE:  "Incompatible types: 'TBlobField' and 'TTable'"

procedure TForm1.SaveToDatabase(JPegImage:TJPegImage; P:TPanel);
var
  BS: TBlobStream;
begin
  try
    tblPicture.Open;
    // I tried the commented-out line below because it is a FIELD
//  BS := TBlobStream.Create(tblPicture.FieldByName('Picture'), bmWrite);
    BS := TBlobStream.Create(tblPicture, bmWrite);    // THIS LINE THROWS
THE ERROR !!!
    tblPicture.Insert;
    begin   // P.Hint contains the path of the JPeg file
      FileStream.CopyFrom(BlobStream, BlobStream.Size);
      tblPicture.FieldByName('Path').AsString := ExtractFilePath(P.Hint);
      tblPicture.FieldByName('FileName').AsString :=
ExtractFileName(P.Hint);
      tblPicture.Post;
    end;
  finally
    BlobStream.Free;

How do I get the "Picture" field to be compatible with type BLOB instead of
type Binary?