                        DataLength: Longint;
                        Data: array [1..200] of byte;
                end;

What I found was that Delphi 2 and Borland Pascal appear to store this
record in different ways. As DDE relies on one program writing the
variable into memory in a format the second program can understand,
the fact that the Pascal and Delphi compilers store this structure
differently means that DDE falls over.

Specifically it appears to be the 'Longint' fields that cause the
problem.

I've fixed the problem by using 'Word' fields instead of Longints, but
I'd be interested to know if anyone has any comments.

Duncan Fortune
ESYS Ltd
Satellite Systems Consultants
Guildford. UK.