Switching to large fonts makes my app look funny

is there a way to fix the font size? Not only fonts get bigger but also some
Panels or forms get the wrong size.

Another question...
How do I make my buttons transparent so the image behind is visible. I found
the transparent property on the TSpeedButton but it works only when I flat
the button. I alos found some 3rd party buttons but they don't work well
(flimmer).

Ammar

Re:Switching to large fonts makes my app look funny

Ammar Aganovic (sarma) <am...@lc-vienna.iaeste.or.at> wrote in article
<6rh7hl$9f...@news.tuwien.ac.at>...

> is there a way to fix the font size? Not only fonts get bigger but also
some
> Panels or forms get the wrong size.

Set the forms Scaled porperty to False.

On 20 Aug 1998 13:15:33 GMT, am...@lc-vienna.iaeste.or.at (Ammar
Aganovic (sarma)) wrote the magic words:

>is there a way to fix the font size? Not only fonts get bigger but also some
>Panels or forms get the wrong size.

Scale your form resolution automatically
Versions: Delphi 1, 2, 3

You're always creating software that looks great at your monitor's
resolution. Unfortunately, if you designed your application on a
high-resolution screen, it may be larger than the available screen
space on the client screen. You can solve this problem by letting
Delphi automatically add scroll bars at run-time.

However, using Delphi's automatic scaling produces more professional
results. At run-time, Delphi asks the system for the screen resolution
and stores it in the PixelsPerInch property of your application's
Screen object. Next, it uses the PixelsPerInch value to resize the
form for the current resolution.

Here are some things to remember, to make this technique work
effectively: set the Scaled property of your form(s) to TRUE, use only
TrueType fonts, use Windows small fonts when you develop, and set the
AutoScroll property of your form(s) to FALSE.

From--(submitted by: Marco Cantu'[mailto:
marca...@tin.it][http://www.marcocantu.com])

Got a great Delphi tip? If so, send E-mail to

delphi_...@cobb.com

We'll print your name and your e-mail or Web address, along with the
tip.
This weekly tip is delivered to you as a free service from ZDTips.

Happy coding, Phranc
--
The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.

http://huizen.dds.nl/~phranc/

Other Threads