Borland DbiDoRestructure Example Fails

The Borland home page contains some examples of how to use
DbiDoRestructure.  Example 4, Adding a Master Password, is exactly what I
am trying to do.  However, when I reproduce the example code in my
application it will not compile.  I get an error for "Undeclared Identifier
'CRTblDesc'" for the code on line 6 of the example--"TblDesc: CRTblDesc;".
I get a similar error for line 7 of the example code--"hDb:hDBIDb;".

If Delphi does not automatically recognize these types, how do I get them
declared?  Another NG user indicated that he simply cut and pasted the
example and it worked fine for him.  Is there something I should be aware
of?

Greg Fordham

g...@knfcon.com

Re:Borland DbiDoRestructure Example Fails

Greg wrote:

> The Borland home page contains some examples of how to use
> DbiDoRestructure.  Example 4, Adding a Master Password, is exactly what I
> am trying to do.  However, when I reproduce the example code in my
> application it will not compile.  I get an error for "Undeclared Identifier
> 'CRTblDesc'" for the code on line 6 of the example--"TblDesc: CRTblDesc;".
> I get a similar error for line 7 of the example code--"hDb:hDBIDb;".

> If Delphi does not automatically recognize these types, how do I get them
> declared?  Another NG user indicated that he simply cut and pasted the
> example and it worked fine for him.  Is there something I should be aware
> of?

> Greg Fordham

> g...@knfcon.com

What do you have in your uses clause?  I believe you need BDE in your
uses clause...

Re:Borland DbiDoRestructure Example Fails

Assuming you are using D2 or D3 then you must have the BDE unit in
your uses clause.  If you are using D1 you need DbiTypes, DbiProcs and
DbiErrs.

Bill

(Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support questions received via email.)
(To send me email for any other reason remove .nospam from my address.)

Other Threads