BDE 4.51 +++ BUG +++ Loosing Locks

Hi outhere,

the following severe error occurs in one session (not between
different sessions or program instances):

Environment:

Form1 and Form2. Both Forms have the same contents (1 TTable,
1 TDataSource, 2 DBEdit, 1 TDBGrid, 1 DBNavigator).
The TTable in Form1 here is called Table1, the TTable in Form2 Table2.
Both TTable components are connected to the same Paradox 7.0
Table (e.g. TEST.DB for Tablename) DataBasename is a Paradox Alias.

lets go on:

Activate Form1 and edit Table1.
Activate Form2 and edit Table2 on the same record like Table1,
an error (database exception) will be occured.
So far so good so right.

AND NOW

close Table2 (e.g. through a button) and leave Table1 in edit status.
From this moment Table1 is no more locked in this session.

Try now to open Table2 AND YOU CAN EDIT THE SAME RECORD LIKE TABLE1!

(Table1 loose his lock in this momemnt, if I call the BDE Function
Check(DBIIsLocked(Table2.Handle, Locked));
)

Who knows a solution ? Are there Bugfixes from Inprise available?
Have Inprise Hints ? It's a very strong problem for me.

Regards
Hermann

Re:BDE 4.51 +++ BUG +++ Loosing Locks

I saw somewhere in BDE API Help that locks are common to all tables within
the same session.
This might explain your problem.

Try to use different sessions for TTables that might edit the same physical
table in the same place at the same time.
However, I suspect that this too has some flaws when run across a
peer-to-peer network, so beware.

Florin.

Other Threads