How to add data into the blob fields of paradox tables

Hello Newsgroup:
I am trying to populate my *.db tables w/ data.I have
run into trouble trying to get photo data (*.tif) into the
required *.mb files for the graphics or blob fields using
the Borland DBD.Anyone know anything about this?
Does all of the blob fields go in the same .mb file for
the same table?Also what's the procedure on entering
data into OLE field through the DBD if known?Thank you
for any help that can be given.

                                                          Clayton

Re:How to add data into the blob fields of paradox tables

>I am trying to populate my *.db tables w/ data.I have
>run into trouble trying to get photo data (*.tif) into the
>required *.mb files for the graphics or blob fields using
>the Borland DBD.Anyone know anything about this?

Are you sure you don't want to use Delphi and
 the TblobField.loadFromFile (or TgraphicField.loadfromFile) method?

To get it in to a graphic field  from the Database desktop you will have to open
the graphic in some program that can display it.
Copy it to the clipboard then paste it in to the graphic field.
There is on way to do this with a Binary field

>Does all of the blob fields go in the same .mb file

Yes

>Also what's the procedure on entering
>data into OLE field through the DBD if known?

Delphi has no direct support for this field type so don't use it.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads