Mailing list and mail merge

Is it possible with Paradox / QReport /  RichEdit?

Re:Mailing list and mail merge

Hello,

You can try to use word mail merge feature by calling word as an Com object
,
build a word table that contains the mailing list and let the user write
it's own letter

HTH.
Yaron.

"WS" <autodid...@ig.com.br> wrote in message news:3c3ef823_2@dnews...
> Is it possible with Paradox / QReport /  RichEdit?

Re:Mailing list and mail merge

> Is it possible with Paradox / QReport /  RichEdit?

You may want to investigate the UIL Merge Wizard, at http://www.uil.net.
It's designed as a simple-to-use mail merge component and wizard set for end
users.

As for doing it yourself, you can create an OLE link to Word (or any word
processor that supports it) and send it the information to merge. There are
also components in Delphi that do it, but I've not used them much, so I
can't comment.

Additionally, WPTools from http://www.wptools.de has mail merge support if
you don't want to use an external word processor. ReportBuilder (at
http://www.digital-metaphors.com) also has mail merge, of a sort.

--
Tim Sullivan
Unlimited Intelligence Limited