D7 dbExpress MySQL

Hi,
I have problem when use dbExpress.
When I'm try to link TDBGrid to TSQLQuery, I receive error message
"Operation is not allowed on a unidirectional DataSet"
Does anybody know how to solve this problem ?

TSQLConnection ---->TSQLQuery----->TDataSource---->TDBGrid
(mysql 4.0.4 - max)     (TSQLTable)

Regards: Julian K.

Re:D7 dbExpress MySQL

Use a Provider component otherwize dbexpress is unidirectional and
readonly !
J wrote:
> Hi,
> I have problem when use dbExpress.
> When I'm try to link TDBGrid to TSQLQuery, I receive error message
> "Operation is not allowed on a unidirectional DataSet"
> Does anybody know how to solve this problem ?

> TSQLConnection ---->TSQLQuery----->TDataSource---->TDBGrid
> (mysql 4.0.4 - max)     (TSQLTable)

> Regards: Julian K.

Re:D7 dbExpress MySQL

julian,

marc means add components like this:

TSQLConnection->TSQLQuery->TDataSetProvider->TClientDataSet->TDataSource->TDBGrid

alternatively, you could s{*word*99} all of the above for:

TSimpleDataSet->TDataSource->TDBGrid

but this architecture has limitations (which you'll find discussed in help)

hth!
-paladin

"Marc Valentin" <mvalentin@NOSPAM_abeditions.com> wrote in message news:3de33154$1@newsgroups.borland.com...
> Use a Provider component otherwize dbexpress is unidirectional and
> readonly !

Re:D7 dbExpress MySQL

Welcome to the club. You have a problem with dbExpress, but you're not alone, cause most everybody else has it as well.
Get Zeos library or something like that. Your life will become much better, trust me on that.
dbExpres is just for {*word*37}s which are fascinated with half finished, lousy documented & buggy code!
If you are planning to do a lot od dB, you'd possibly do better if you look elsewhere but Borland.
They don't seem they can pull their act together considering data bases!
On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:30:00 +0100, "J" <jkera...@bsoft.bg> wrote:
>Hi,
>I have problem when use dbExpress.
>When I'm try to link TDBGrid to TSQLQuery, I receive error message
>"Operation is not allowed on a unidirectional DataSet"
>Does anybody know how to solve this problem ?

>TSQLConnection ---->TSQLQuery----->TDataSource---->TDBGrid
>(mysql 4.0.4 - max)     (TSQLTable)

>Regards: Julian K.

Re:D7 dbExpress MySQL

I have to agree with you there.  There are about a zillion components for
accessing a database, most do the same thing but I guess behind the curtain
they are doing something different.  I think Borland is thinking they are
doing us some great favor by having a "optimized" versions of these
components.  When I think if you got to the bottom line we all don't care.
We just want to make a db connection and have it easy, rock solid and easy
to deploy.   I think Borlands direction for cross compiling enviroments is
good.  I think their eagerness to suport Microsoft's latest and greatest
hairbrained schemes is bad.   I mean how much of .NET do you really know and
use.  Besides XML.  Everything else is worthless.  I don't see .NET
frameworks for Solaris, HP or AIX.  Not too many people cared about the
DCOM.  It's wishy washy is why.  Their interfaces is a joke and debuging is
a pain.  I would much rather use Corba anyday.  At least the interface
doesn't involve voodoo of guess what the variant is game that Microsoft
loves so much.
Bottom line, I wanting and wishing for Borland to support more open system
technologies and stop wasting time trying to keep up with Microsoft Visual
Studio.    I think everyone here will mutually agree that MS-VS stinks hence
why we use Borland products to begin with.
Microsoft can't even make a program installer without messing it up. (In
reference to VB6's deploy wizard that tries to register a tlb as a dll on
boot strapping the installer.)

"Vladimir Ota" <l...@prim-nov.si> wrote in message

> Welcome to the club. You have a problem with dbExpress, but you're not

alone, cause most everybody else has it as well.
> Get Zeos library or something like that. Your life will become much

better, trust me on that.
> dbExpres is just for {*word*37}s which are fascinated with half finished,

lousy documented & buggy code!
> If you are planning to do a lot od dB, you'd possibly do better if you

look elsewhere but Borland.
> They don't seem they can pull their act together considering data bases!

> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:30:00 +0100, "J" <jkera...@bsoft.bg> wrote:

> >Hi,
> >I have problem when use dbExpress.
> >When I'm try to link TDBGrid to TSQLQuery, I receive error message
> >"Operation is not allowed on a unidirectional DataSet"
> >Does anybody know how to solve this problem ?

> >TSQLConnection ---->TSQLQuery----->TDataSource---->TDBGrid
> >(mysql 4.0.4 - max)     (TSQLTable)

> >Regards: Julian K.

Other Threads