idIcmpClient and 'Cannot Allocate Socket' error in Kylix

What's the problem that idIcmpClient doesn't work ?
I always got error 'Cannot allocate socket'.

Env. is Kylix Server Developer and RedHat 7.0

Asko Telinen

asko.teli...@jyu.fi

Re:idIcmpClient and 'Cannot Allocate Socket' error in Kylix

asko.teli...@jyu.fi (Asko Telinen) wrote in <3AC18C95.9050...@jyu.fi>:

>What's the problem that idIcmpClient doesn't work ?
>I always got error 'Cannot allocate socket'.

>Env. is Kylix Server Developer and RedHat 7.0

It uses Raw Sockets. You need to run your application as root. If you look at
ping and traceroute that are included in Linux, thats how they work too.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - Church Hill, TN - Team Indy
Forget the Y2K problem, Lets fix the W2K problem.

Other Threads