Recovering Delphi 3.0 settings without registry NT4.0

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me here.  I recently suffered a crash and lost
a good piece of my NT4.0 Workstation environment including the registry.  I
was however able to keep all my Delphi folders and files. It used to be
that under Delphi 2.0 I could recover my complete environment (i.e.,
component palette) by simply restoring the cmplib32.dcl and cmplib32.dpr
files.  Alas, no longer with Delphi 3 and the packages.  I have reinstalled
Delphi to a new subdirectory and subsequently replaced the files with the
previous environment but I fear that much is controlled by registry
entries.

Can anyone give me some help with this or am I relegated to reinstalling
each component and package???

TIA,

:^(

Brian

Re:Recovering Delphi 3.0 settings without registry NT4.0

Brian -

Sorry... You're stuck reinstalling all the third-party stuff; Delphi
3 stores all the package entries in the registry... On the bright
side, though, installing packages is a lot quicker and easier than
having to rebuild the VCL was in D1/D2! :-)

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

Brian Mead wrote:

> Hi,

> I wonder if anyone can help me here.  I recently suffered a crash and lost
> a good piece of my NT4.0 Workstation environment including the registry.  I
> was however able to keep all my Delphi folders and files. It used to be
> that under Delphi 2.0 I could recover my complete environment (i.e.,
> component palette) by simply restoring the cmplib32.dcl and cmplib32.dpr
> files.  Alas, no longer with Delphi 3 and the packages.  I have reinstalled
> Delphi to a new subdirectory and subsequently replaced the files with the
> previous environment but I fear that much is controlled by registry
> entries.

> Can anyone give me some help with this or am I relegated to reinstalling
> each component and package???

> TIA,

> :^(

> Brian