Read Word Document

Hi everybody,

Is anywhere I can found the information, about filter the Word 6.0 document
control code. This for get the "pure text" document content (I'm not mean
save the file as text format). Since I need to check the Word 6.0 document's
content by Delphi 1.0 in Windows 3.1 environment.

Thank you for your support.

Regards, Silas

Re:Read Word Document

Silas Wu wrote:

> Hi everybody,

> Is anywhere I can found the information, about filter the Word 6.0 document
> control code. This for get the "pure text" document content (I'm not mean
> save the file as text format). Since I need to check the Word 6.0 document's
> content by Delphi 1.0 in Windows 3.1 environment.

Just a raw suggestion..

Try to use OLE or Word macros, or SendKeys to open document in
Word. Then copy the document contents to clipboard, and then to
TMemo control, and study in in Ascii format there.

Of course I have not tested this, and that's why this was a raw
suggestion..

I have copied TMemo contents via clipboard from Delphi to Word
documents, but that's the easier direction to do.

There's an example how to build a link to Word 7 using OLE,
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/qanda/
but you'll need 32-bit version of Delphi.

Markku Nevalainen

Re:Read Word Document

You can have a look at http://www.wotsit.org/

They have just about every file format you could ever encounter.

Regards Steve

Silas Wu <sil...@tasan.com.hk> wrote in message

> Hi everybody,

> Is anywhere I can found the information, about filter the Word 6.0
document
> control code. This for get the "pure text" document content (I'm not mean
> save the file as text format). Since I need to check the Word 6.0
document's
> content by Delphi 1.0 in Windows 3.1 environment.

> Thank you for your support.

> Regards, Silas

Other Threads