Indy: Socket Error # 11001

Hi Group,

I'm using the Indy 8.00.23 IdFtp component to set up an FTP connection. When
I try to connect using the 'connect' method, the Windows Dial-up Connection
dialog pops-up. When I cancel this dialog, Indy raises an exception
EIdSocketError with message 'Socket Error # 11001'.

So far so good...

But when I try to reconnect with the 'connect' method, the Windows Dial-up
dialog doesn't pop up anymore and I get the exception right away.

The only way to get the Dial-up dialog is to restart the application.

Does anyone know how to 'reset' Indy, so that after a failed attempt to
connect, Indy will retry to open a connection? If this is a 'known problem'
that has been resolved in Indy 8.1, please let me know how safe this beta
is...

Thanks,

- daniel

--
If the only tool you have is a hammer, all problems look like nails.

Re:Indy: Socket Error # 11001

"Daniel Rutten" <n...@junk.com> wrote in message

> Hi Group,

> I'm using the Indy 8.00.23 IdFtp component to set up an FTP
connection. When
> I try to connect using the 'connect' method, the Windows Dial-up
Connection
> dialog pops-up. When I cancel this dialog, Indy raises an exception
> EIdSocketError with message 'Socket Error # 11001'.

> So far so good...

> But when I try to reconnect with the 'connect' method, the Windows
Dial-up
> dialog doesn't pop up anymore and I get the exception right away.

> The only way to get the Dial-up dialog is to restart the
application.

> Does anyone know how to 'reset' Indy, so that after a failed attempt
> connect, Indy will retry to open a connection? If this is a 'known
problem'
> that has been resolved in Indy 8.1, please let me know how safe this
beta
> is...

> Thanks,

> - daniel

> --
> If the only tool you have is a hammer, all problems look like nails.

I had the same problem, only solution I could find was to bypass
Windows default Dial-Up and to implement in program a similiar one. As
starting point I have used Piete's RasDial(first link), you should try
it yourself.

http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm
http://www.magsys.co.uk/delphi/index.htm
http://www.argosoft.com/