Descending Index no go.

I'm using DBDesktop to create a descending index, but when I try to
set the index on a TTable, I get an error that "Table1 has no index
for fields 'xxxx'".

What gives?

Martin.

Re:Descending Index no go.

What database are you using? Are you setting the IndexName property or the
IndexFields property? What version of Delphi and the BDE are you using?

--
Bill Todd

Re:Descending Index no go.

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 15:40:23 -0700, "Bill Todd (TeamB)"

<bill_todd.nos...@compuserve.com> wrote:
>What database are you using? Are you setting the IndexName property or the
>IndexFields property? What version of Delphi and the BDE are you using?

Paradox, D3, BDE 4.51. I was setting IndexFieldNames to the name of
the field. I just tried setting the IndexName property, and yes, that
works. Thanks.

Is their a way to get it to work using the IndexFieldNames property?
I'm trying to set the index based on a selected field, and using
IndexFieldNames is just a lot cleaner way to do it.

Martin.

Re:Descending Index no go.

I notice decending index go only from table version level 5, so....

Other Threads