Board index » delphi » How i Kill a process in MSSQL

How i Kill a process in MSSQL

Hi,
I am have a  problem when a try update a record , the cursor only show
the SQL icon and not update de record , but no error message is found.
If i look in the MSSQL Console, have many process in sleeping status,
and when i kill the process the update go ahead.
I use D4+bde5.10+MSSQL7+MSSQL sp1.

Thanks

Marcio

PS, Sorry my english!

 

Re:How i Kill a process in MSSQL


I think the problem is elsewhere. A query can't update the record, because
it is locked, so if blocking option is set to ON (default), it waits until
lock is released. When you kill a process on server you actually kill one of
blocking queries and killing it you also release record lock.
If you set blocking option to OFF, the client won't wait until the lock is
released, but will report error.

Just a guess.

--
----------------------
Regards
Robert Cerny
Remove both qwe when replying
email: robert.qwe.ce...@neosys.xrs.qwe.si

No questions via email, unless explicitly invited.

Quote
Marcio da Veiga wrote in message <385D1B43.FED61...@myway.com.br>...
>Hi,
>I am have a  problem when a try update a record , the cursor only show
>the SQL icon and not update de record , but no error message is found.
>If i look in the MSSQL Console, have many process in sleeping status,
>and when i kill the process the update go ahead.
>I use D4+bde5.10+MSSQL7+MSSQL sp1.

>Thanks

>Marcio

>PS, Sorry my english!

Re:How i Kill a process in MSSQL


Hi Robert!

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 08:05:18 +0100, "Robert Cerny"

Quote
<robert.qwe.ce...@neosys.xrs.qwe.si> wrote:
>If you set blocking option to OFF, the client won't wait until the lock is
>released, but will report error.

Just for the record, can you give a hint where you can set blocking
option to OFF, I do not recall seeing it somewhere.

tomi.

Re:How i Kill a process in MSSQL


You got me. I have no idea.

On SAnywhere you open ISQL and run command:
SET OPTION [PUBLIC.]BLOCKING=OFF

Just starting to work with MSSQL.
--
----------------------
Regards
Robert Cerny
Remove both qwe when replying
email: robert.qwe.ce...@neosys.xrs.qwe.si

No questions via email, unless explicitly invited.

Quote
Tomislav Karda? wrote in message <385f6d57.634...@forums.inprise.com>...
>Hi Robert!

>On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 08:05:18 +0100, "Robert Cerny"
><robert.qwe.ce...@neosys.xrs.qwe.si> wrote:

>>If you set blocking option to OFF, the client won't wait until the lock is
>>released, but will report error.

>Just for the record, can you give a hint where you can set blocking
>option to OFF, I do not recall seeing it somewhere.

>tomi.

Re:How i Kill a process in MSSQL


Hi Robert!

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:00:01 +0100, "Robert Cerny"

Quote
<robert.qwe.ce...@neosys.xrs.qwe.si> wrote:
>Just starting to work with MSSQL.

Welcome to club, :)

tomi.

Other Threads