Database desktop access to CD database

I have a Delphi 5 application which reads a database from CD.
It works with smaller files but not with a larger one on CD.
It always works if the files are on the local drive.
(i.e. 6390 records with 1,003,521 file size).
The same thing occurs in Database Desktop.

Code sample:
Form1.Fcons.TableName := 'E:\T04T0720.DBF';
Form1.Fcons.Open;  // Write failure message on larger files

I assume the system is trying to write to the CD but can't
seem to get around the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re:Database desktop access to CD database

If you are talking Paradox files I believe if you search
Borland's site there is a document on it someplace.

"JP Chiasson" <j...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

> I have a Delphi 5 application which reads a database from
CD.
> It works with smaller files but not with a larger one on
CD.
> It always works if the files are on the local drive.
> (i.e. 6390 records with 1,003,521 file size).
> The same thing occurs in Database Desktop.

> Code sample:
> Form1.Fcons.TableName := 'E:\T04T0720.DBF';
> Form1.Fcons.Open;  // Write failure message on larger
files

> I assume the system is trying to write to the CD but can't
> seem to get around the problem.

> Any help would be appreciated.

Other Threads