MySQL Memo Fields Returned (D5e, BDE5.11, MySQL on Linux Server, MyODBC)

Hi

I'm using MyODBC via BDE5.11 to connection to a mysql database on a
linux server.
The table only has strings in it, but I keep getting memo fields
returned?
Any ideas how to get strings?

Robert MacLean

Re:MySQL Memo Fields Returned (D5e, BDE5.11, MySQL on Linux Server, MyODBC)

The BDE interpretes all String fields longer than 255 characters as Memo.

ps. Have you considered skipping BDE and ODBC and use the MySQL driver
directly with TMySQL (http://www.productivity.org/projects/mysql/) ?

"Robert MacLean" <rob...@idws.com> wrote in message

> Hi

> I'm using MyODBC via BDE5.11 to connection to a mysql database on a
> linux server.
> The table only has strings in it, but I keep getting memo fields
> returned?
> Any ideas how to get strings?
> --

> Robert MacLean