IB 6.01 to 6.0.1.6?

Hi,

If found in the forum the notice that it is better to use 6.0.1.6 or
later instead of IB 6.01 in combination with webapplications (Craig
Stuntz, Re: Interbase in web module problems) ?

We use IB 6.01 for very long time without problems. What are the
improments in 6.0.1.6 (6.0.2)?,

with best regards

Nils

--
*--------------------------------------------------------*
| Nils Boedeker                VERLAG EUGEN ULMER        |

Re:IB 6.01 to 6.0.1.6?

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 12:07:20 +0100, Nils Boedeker <i...@nbsoft.de>
wrote:

>Hi,

>If found in the forum the notice that it is better to use 6.0.1.6 or
>later instead of IB 6.01 in combination with webapplications (Craig
>Stuntz, Re: Interbase in web module problems) ?

>We use IB 6.01 for very long time without problems. What are the
>improments in 6.0.1.6 (6.0.2)?,

Bugs were fixed.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:IB 6.01 to 6.0.1.6?

> Bugs were fixed.

exist somewhere a list about the fixed bugs?

Nils

Re:IB 6.01 to 6.0.1.6?

Hi Nils,

> > Bugs were fixed.

> exist somewhere a list about the fixed bugs?

AFAIK there isn't one. v6.0.1.6 fixes serious bugs of prior
v6 versions, which can lead to database corruption.

For example:

- An error message is shown when you reach the 2GB/4GB
file limit. In prior versions, important information at the beginning
of the database file were overwritten and the database was
unusable.

- The too many generators bug

- v6.1.0.6 can access ODS 9 databases without a corruption
happens

This might be interesting:
http://delphi.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$232

I guess these are the most important ones, but I'm sure there
were other bugfixes too.

HTH,
Thomas Steinmaurer
IB LogManager 2.1 - The Logging/Auditing Tool for InterBase and Firebird
http://www.iblogmanager.com

Re:IB 6.01 to 6.0.1.6?

>exist somewhere a list about the fixed bugs?

No.

--
Bill (TeamB)