Problem: Vendor Initialization Failed : BDE Error 15879 ..

Dear Experts:

Could anyone shed some light on my problem ?

I installed Delphi 2.0 Client/Server Suite and
Personal Oracle on the same machine with Windows 95.
I set up BDE Aliase to the Local Database of Personal
Oracle using BDE Configuration Utility, and then
I tried to ask Delphi to communicate
with Oracle by just put a TDatabase Component on a
blank form , after set Connected property to True,
I am prompted by a Database logon dialogue box,
after acknowledged,the error occured.
The same error ocurred to Personal Oracle 8.

Thanks.

Chen.

Re:Problem: Vendor Initialization Failed : BDE Error 15879 ..

In the Oracle BDE Driver, there is a vendor init paramater that needs to
be set to the right oracle dll.  Check out your orawin/bin directory and
see what ora*.dlls there are. It is looking for one of them

Rob

Matthew O'Haire wrote:

> Dear Experts:

> Could anyone shed some light on my problem ?

> I installed Delphi 2.0 Client/Server Suite and
> Personal Oracle on the same machine with Windows 95.
> I set up BDE Aliase to the Local Database of Personal
> Oracle using BDE Configuration Utility, and then
> I tried to ask Delphi to communicate
> with Oracle by just put a TDatabase Component on a
> blank form , after set Connected property to True,
> I am prompted by a Database logon dialogue box,
> after acknowledged,the error occured.
> The same error ocurred to Personal Oracle 8.

> Thanks.

> Chen.

Re:Problem: Vendor Initialization Failed : BDE Error 15879 ..

An additional hint that may be helpful:

For PO7:  DLL32 = sqlora32.dll; VENDOR INIT = ora73.dll; SERVER NAME = "2:"
(no quotes.

For PO8 or O8PE, you should really use BDE 5, which is available from the
Inprise web site.

V/R
Russell L. Smith

rschieck wrote in message <3659C77A.E7E12...@mers.com>...
>In the Oracle BDE Driver, there is a vendor init paramater that needs to
>be set to the right oracle dll.  Check out your orawin/bin directory and
>see what ora*.dlls there are. It is looking for one of them

Other Threads