Copy all tables from SQL to MS access

Could someone suggest a faster way to copy all tables from an SQL 6.5
database into a local MS Access 2000 (blank) database. I am using
Delphi and ADO. The table names may vary,  however I obtain a string
list of them using TAdoConnection.GetTablesnames.
Opening each table and using record by record approach is quite slow.
Thanks
Gabe.

Re:Copy all tables from SQL to MS access

Forgot all the nuances of SQL 6.5, but take a look at the BCP utility.  Very
fast export of data that can then be imported into Access.

"Gabe" <grech...@ftsinc.com> wrote in message

> Could someone suggest a faster way to copy all tables from an SQL 6.5
> database into a local MS Access 2000 (blank) database. I am using
> Delphi and ADO. The table names may vary,  however I obtain a string
> list of them using TAdoConnection.GetTablesnames.
> Opening each table and using record by record approach is quite slow.
> Thanks
> Gabe.

Re:Copy all tables from SQL to MS access

You might also set up a DTS package and run it from within your delphi app
using the winshellexec .

Re:Copy all tables from SQL to MS access

Del,

Do know how to modify an exsting package or create on from within a Delphi
app (perhaps through COM)

"Del Murrray" <del.mur...@credithawk.net> wrote in message

> You might also set up a DTS package and run it from within your delphi app
> using the winshellexec .

Re:Copy all tables from SQL to MS access

Thank you BCP is greate
On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:30:55 GMT, grech...@ftsinc.com (Gabe) wrote:
>Could someone suggest a faster way to copy all tables from an SQL 6.5
>database into a local MS Access 2000 (blank) database. I am using
>Delphi and ADO. The table names may vary,  however I obtain a string
>list of them using TAdoConnection.GetTablesnames.
>Opening each table and using record by record approach is quite slow.
>Thanks
>Gabe.

Re:Copy all tables from SQL to MS access

In article <3dfe303...@newsgroups.borland.com>, mich...@winvotes.com
says...

> Do know how to modify an exsting package or create on from within a Delphi
> app (perhaps through COM)

Two possibilities
- Import the Microsoft DTSPackage Object Library and use it your own
way; it's more easy to modify an existed package
- check http://www.sqldts.com

-------------------------------
Paul Lambadaris
Delta Singular S.A.
mailto : p...@NOSPAMsingular.gr
www    : http://www.singular.gr

Re:Copy all tables from SQL to MS access

Posted in .attachements is an old sample of mine for creating packages.

-Euan

"Michael Luna" <mich...@winvotes.com> wrote in message

> Del,

> Do know how to modify an exsting package or create on from within a Delphi
> app (perhaps through COM)

> "Del Murrray" <del.mur...@credithawk.net> wrote in message
> > You might also set up a DTS package and run it from within your delphi
app
> > using the winshellexec .

Other Threads