Tired of Pdoxusrs.LCK and Pdoxusrs.NET files.

Hi, all

I use Delphi-3 and Oracle-7.3.
I am tired of these files: Pdoxusrs.lck and Pdoxusrs.net.
I don't use Paradox and as I understand these files are being created by
Delphi
when I use cached tables (is it?).
The PROBLEM is: when I develop a Delphi-program on one computer
and then run it on another computer I get an error :
     Directory is controlled by other .NET file.
     Directory: << here is directory where NET file is created>>
     File: <<here is directory>>\PDOXUSRS.LCK
When I delete this Pdoxusrs.LCK file the program works until I run it on
another computer!?

I tried to change Session.PrivateDir to my local c:\tmp directory.
This doesn't help, furthermore sometimes it causes ANOTHER ERROR: "Directory
busy".
This error is about c:\tmp directory and occurs on the operator:
         Session.PrivateDir := 'c:\tmp\';

Advice something please!

Oleg
o...@ca-ib.com
Russia, Moscow

Re:Tired of Pdoxusrs.LCK and Pdoxusrs.NET files.

Set Session.PrivateDir to network drive.

Pawe3 Tronowski wrote:
> Set Session.PrivateDir to network drive.

Sorry, my fault !!!!
In DBE Admin you must set "/configuration/drivers/native/paradox/net
dir" to common network path and "Session.PrivateDir" to local one.

Pawel

Re:Tired of Pdoxusrs.LCK and Pdoxusrs.NET files.

Also...I have run into the problem of having to have the network Drive
letter the same on every machine.
if one machine is J: and another is K:...this has caused me problems...
good luck..

PS. I've use paradox and I hate it...would never again use it..If you
are deep into a project like me, you may want to take a look at
advantage database...they claim that you can easily switch over to their
database...it is scaleable to client server with no code changes...*I'll
beleive that when I see it*.  However, I'm going to try this product in
a few months.
good luck
mikebr...@customqs.com

"Pawe3 Tronowski" wrote:
> Pawe3 Tronowski wrote:

> > Set Session.PrivateDir to network drive.

> Sorry, my fault !!!!
> In DBE Admin you must set "/configuration/drivers/native/paradox/net
> dir" to common network path and "Session.PrivateDir" to local one.

> Pawel

Other Threads