accessing large data with sybase sql anywhere

Hello,

we have a problem on accessing blob data from sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5. We
use the ODBC driver of SQL Anywhere. Connetions and queries are workling
fine, but blobs with any size above 64 kB will cause an error. We also tried
to change to change the settings of BDE (blob size) but this doesn't help
(This does its work with any other ODBC data source i.e. Microsoft
SQL-Server).

Has anybody used SQL Anywhere 5.5 standalone with ODBC driver with blob
sizes above 64 KB ?

(Microsoft Access 7.0 can write and read "unlimited" data to blob fields. I
think that the delivered ODBC driver of SQL Anywhere will work fine)

Thank you for your help

Michael

---
Michael Schwarzl
schwa...@msse.co.at

Re:accessing large data with sybase sql anywhere

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 11:26:31 +0100, "Michael Schwarzl"

<schwa...@msse.co.at> wrote:
>we have a problem on accessing blob data from sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5. We
>use the ODBC driver of SQL Anywhere. Connetions and queries are workling
>fine, but blobs with any size above 64 kB will cause an error. We also tried
>to change to change the settings of BDE (blob size) but this doesn't help
>(This does its work with any other ODBC data source i.e. Microsoft
>SQL-Server).

>Has anybody used SQL Anywhere 5.5 standalone with ODBC driver with blob
>sizes above 64 KB ?

>(Microsoft Access 7.0 can write and read "unlimited" data to blob fields. I
>think that the delivered ODBC driver of SQL Anywhere will work fine)

SQL Anywhere 5.5 has had several serious bugs in its ODBC driver related
to blob fields.  If you have an out-of-the-box version you probably have
the buggy driver.  See if you can get the current EBF version from
Sybase.  (I say "see if" advisedly--their tech support policies are
scary, and you can only get the EBF by requesting it from tech support.)

--
Report all {*word*201} mail to your Potsmaster.

Other Threads