User Name and PASSWORD Help?!?

Does anyone know of how to change the password of the IBSERVER and add a
user name and password programatically?  Is there a switch or SQL statement
or a file where this information is held?  I do not want to use the IBX in
packaging my program.  It would be great to just overwrite the username
file.

Thanks in Advance.

Re:User Name and PASSWORD Help?!?

In article <3d61372f$1@dnews>, n...@na.com says...

> Does anyone know of how to change the password of the IBSERVER and add a
> user name and password programatically?

        Yes, use the IB services API, either directly or via IBX.

> Is there a switch or SQL statement
> or a file where this information is held?

        isc4.gdb.  There is no guarantee that it will be there in the
future, however.  The services API is the supported interface.

> I do not want to use the IBX in packaging my program.

        IBX compiles directly into your app.  There is no need to use IBX
for data access just to use the administrative components.  Still, you
are always free to use the services API directly instead of using the
IBX components.

        -Craig

--
 Craig Stuntz [TeamB] Vertex Systems Corp. Columbus, OH
     Delphi/InterBase Weblog: http://delphi.weblogs.com

Re:User Name and PASSWORD Help?!?

Can you use API on linux apps?

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <cstu...@nospamplease.vertexsoftware.com> wrote in
message news:MPG.17cb0646b8ad5ca6989b63@newsgroups.borland.com...

In article <3d613f39@dnews>, n...@na.com says...
> Can you use API on linux apps?

        Of course (provided you're using IB SuperServer architecture,
which is the only thing that Borland supports).  And if you're using
Kylix, you can still use the IBX components instead of wrestling with
the API directly.  If you're using GCC (or whatever) then you'll need to
use the services API directly.

        IB is truly cross-platform.

        HTH,

        -Craig

--
 Craig Stuntz [TeamB] Vertex Systems Corp. Columbus, OH
     Delphi/InterBase Weblog: http://delphi.weblogs.com
     InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
          http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Other Threads