How to exchange string data between two computers over the Internet

Hello.

This might be a peace of cake for you. I've never programed such an
application and don't know how to implement it.

I have two computers connected to the Internet.

Users use my application on the first computer to prepare orders. I would
like to package those orders into an XML string, connect to another
application on the other computer and exchange this string.

The application on the other computer would process those orders, generete
delivery notes and send them to the first computer the same way as it
received the orders.

What would be the best approach to this string exchange? What protocols
should I use? Are there any examples?

I am a completly new to this stuff.

Thanks,
Branko

Re:How to exchange string data between two computers over the Internet

Well, in good portuguese, "Isso vai dar muito pano pras mangas"!...
Suggests:
1. Use Midas (Your client application access a remote database using the
components DCOMConnection or SocketConnection. With this, the client
application runs as if was running in a local network);
2. Downloading and Uploading files from a FTP server;
3. Sending and receiving files via socket;
4. Etc...

There are good samples about each option in [$Delphi]\Demos.

Luck!
Ricardo Carmo.

"Branko Starasinic" <branko.remove.me.starasi...@siol.net> escreveu na
mensagem news:3e957587@newsgroups.borland.com...

> Hello.

> This might be a peace of cake for you. I've never programed such an
> application and don't know how to implement it.

> I have two computers connected to the Internet.

> Users use my application on the first computer to prepare orders. I would
> like to package those orders into an XML string, connect to another
> application on the other computer and exchange this string.

> The application on the other computer would process those orders, generete
> delivery notes and send them to the first computer the same way as it
> received the orders.

> What would be the best approach to this string exchange? What protocols
> should I use? Are there any examples?

> I am a completly new to this stuff.

> Thanks,
> Branko