how to sound the Windows Bell sound myself

Hello
How can I sound the Windows bell sound that is heard when a MessageBox is
displayed in my own code?

Thanks,

Gino

Re:how to sound the Windows Bell sound myself

Hello
Thanks for responding.
Isn't there a way to do this without all that code to play the sound?
In DOS, printing Chr (7) does this.
I wanted to have Windows do this in case that sound file is missing or
different and Windows is using a different file.
See what I am saying?

Gino

<thatsItIAmOutaH...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Gino Costa" <gco...@beld.net> wrote:

> >Hello
> >How can I sound the Windows bell sound that is heard when a MessageBox is
> >displayed in my own code?

> >Thanks,

> >Gino

> Play the wave file that is used for that sound.

> ____
> Chimaera

Re:how to sound the Windows Bell sound myself

Use the Beep procedure for the default sound or the MessageBeep( )
procedure to specify which sound you want.

Gino Costa wrote:

> Hello
> Thanks for responding.
> Isn't there a way to do this without all that code to play the sound?
> In DOS, printing Chr (7) does this.
> I wanted to have Windows do this in case that sound file is missing or
> different and Windows is using a different file.
> See what I am saying?

> Gino

> <thatsItIAmOutaH...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "Gino Costa" <gco...@beld.net> wrote:

> > >Hello
> > >How can I sound the Windows bell sound that is heard when a MessageBox is
> > >displayed in my own code?

> > >Thanks,

> > >Gino

> > Play the wave file that is used for that sound.

> > ____
> > Chimaera

Pirch resources
--
http://pirchworld.com

Re:how to sound the Windows Bell sound myself

Yes, the standard-beep is generated with:

MessageBeep($ffffffff);