binary file

hey my supporters in case of necessity ;)
i have already a question.
how can i read and search for a string in a binary file????
greetings
Antje

Re:binary file

Antje Ruff schrieb:

> hey my supporters in case of necessity ;)
> i have already a question.
> how can i read and search for a string in a binary file????

Hm, let's see.

You might want to look up the example for BLOCKREAD in the help of TP.
Other thing would be to open the file (assign, reset) and read the
contents out with read. What data type has your binary file? Byte, Word
or some other defined record? With read you can read out what ever you
like, with blockread the percormance will be better for some cases...

=> look up assign and reset and read or blockread in the help, this will
give you a start

Greetings

Markus

Other Threads