Stepping up from newbie to not-so-newbie...

Hi to all,
I've been using Delphi 5 for 6 months now, cuz I got tired of Quick
Basic... I'm starting to get used to the language, but as I've never
had a single course in programming, I seem to miss a couple of things.
Stuff like pointers, handles, API, and so on. SO, any advice ? A book
? Website ? Marry a developer ? (er, any other suggestion ?).

Thanks for your suggestions !
Regards
Damien

PS : there are a couple of examples of my work there :
         http://www.chez.com/dworkin/utils/
Sorry, everything's in French...

"Ignorance is strength
      War is peace
  Freedom is slavery"
                         - 1984

Re:Stepping up from newbie to not-so-newbie...

"Damien" <nospam*dwor...@chez.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> I've been using Delphi 5 for 6 months now, cuz I got tired of Quick
> Basic... I'm starting to get used to the language, but as I've never
> had a single course in programming, I seem to miss a couple of things.
> Stuff like pointers, handles, API, and so on. SO, any advice ? A book
> ? Website ? Marry a developer ? (er, any other suggestion ?).

Here is a few links to investigate:

Teach Yourself Borland Delphi 4 in 21 Days
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672312867/o/qid=970170955/sr=...
=aps_sr_b_1_3/104-2702420-9034357
http://www.kaposnet.hu/books/tysdelphi4/index.htm

Tutorials