Database Table Monitor Component Needed

Hello,
        I am currently in a little bit of a bind right now.  I need to write a
program that can acces a given table in a database EVERY time an
addition is made to a table.  Searching this database would be too
slow.  That is why I need a component with an active database connection
that will allow me to examine a record that is about to be added to a
table.  The version of Delphi I am developing in is delphi 2.0.  I need
something like the before post method but I would not have to call any
method, the component would be aware every time an addition or update to
the table occured.  Unfortunately unless I am mistaken in order to
examine any data change before it occurs I would have to be posting the
data in the program.  If you know of a component like this, or would
like to share your ideas on a different solution to this problem, please
send me an e-mail as soon as you can. Time is essential for this right
now.
                                        Thank you very much,
                                           Dan Hughes

Re:Database Table Monitor Component Needed

Although I am not entirely sure what you are actually trying to do, it
sounds like you need a trigger in the database to accomplish this.
Unfortunately, this only works if you're using a real database like Oracle,
Sybase, Ingres, DB/2, Informix, Rdb, Interbase etc.  Paradox and dBase don't
have these facilities.

Some more info on what you're trying to do may be useful.

DAN HUGHES wrote in message <360595E8.5B2E6...@home.com>...
>Hello,
> I am currently in a little bit of a bind right now.  I need to write a
>program that can acces a given table in a database EVERY time an
>addition is made to a table.  Searching this database would be too
>slow.  That is why I need a component with an active database connection
>that will allow me to examine a record that is about to be added to a
>table.  The version of Delphi I am developing in is delphi 2.0.  I need
>something like the before post method but I would not have to call any
>method, the component would be aware every time an addition or update to
>the table occured.  Unfortunately unless I am mistaken in order to
>examine any data change before it occurs I would have to be posting the
>data in the program.  If you know of a component like this, or would
>like to share your ideas on a different solution to this problem, please
>send me an e-mail as soon as you can. Time is essential for this right
>now.
> Thank you very much,
>    Dan Hughes

Other Threads