Dragging to the Windows Desktop

Why is this info so hard to find?  Am I just being stupid?

I want to be able to drag an object from my Delphi app and drop it on a Windows app such as the
Explorer or the Desktop.  I don't have any trouble dragging into the Delphi app from Windows, but I
can't find any information on the reverse.

The idea would be to "drag" a TListItem from a TListView onto the desktop.  The TLisTItem would
represent a file for which I would have the complete path and filename.  I would want this file to
either be copied or moved to the desktop or the explorer.

How is this done?  Can anybody point me at some good references?

Thanks!!!!

Powell

(P.S. I apologize in advance if I've posted this request to the wrong news subgroups. If I have then
perhaps somebody could tell me the correct subgroup(s)).

Re:Dragging to the Windows Desktop

You want to drag and drop between applications see Delphi Developers
Handbook page 519.

Powell Benedict wrote in message <355C9869.59901...@dyncorp.com>...
>Why is this info so hard to find?  Am I just being stupid?

>I want to be able to drag an object from my Delphi app and drop it on a

Windows app such as the
>Explorer or the Desktop.  I don't have any trouble dragging into the Delphi

app from Windows, but I
>can't find any information on the reverse.

>The idea would be to "drag" a TListItem from a TListView onto the desktop.
The TLisTItem would
>represent a file for which I would have the complete path and filename.  I

would want this file to
>either be copied or moved to the desktop or the explorer.

>How is this done?  Can anybody point me at some good references?

>Thanks!!!!

>Powell

>(P.S. I apologize in advance if I've posted this request to the wrong news

subgroups. If I have then
>perhaps somebody could tell me the correct subgroup(s)).

Re:Dragging to the Windows Desktop

> I want to be able to drag an object from my Delphi app and drop it on a Windows app such as the
> Explorer or the Desktop.  I don't have any trouble dragging into the Delphi app from Windows, but I
> can't find any information on the reverse.

Powell,

there are some examples for OLE drag&drop at

  ftp://www.melander.dk/anme/delphi/DragDropDemo.zip
  http://godard.oec.uni-osnabrueck.de/student_home/dsteinwe/delphi/Diet...