MSSQL 7.0 - system stored proc problem (sp_Setapprole)

My problem is that I cant execute the system stored procedure
sp_Setapprole, so I cant connect to MS SQL Server via an applications
function. I tried with DB.EXEC as well as with the TStoredProc component
with no success.
However, I was able to make it work using the ODBC driver.

My question is: Is there way of doing this using SQL Links?

I am using Delphi 5 along with MS SQL Server 7.0 in Windows 95.

TIA

Alejandra

Re:MSSQL 7.0 - system stored proc problem (sp_Setapprole)

System stored procedures can be in any db in the server. But you can not use
object inspector to select the sp and use autofilled parameter list. Instead
you must write the the name of the stored proc and fill the parameters by
hand (you can make an alias to the master db to see the values for
parameters)
Sinan.

"Abaco Informatica" <abas...@satlink.com> wrote in message

> My problem is that I cant execute the system stored procedure
> sp_Setapprole, so I cant connect to MS SQL Server via an applications
> function. I tried with DB.EXEC as well as with the TStoredProc component
> with no success.
> However, I was able to make it work using the ODBC driver.

> My question is: Is there way of doing this using SQL Links?

> I am using Delphi 5 along with MS SQL Server 7.0 in Windows 95.

> TIA

> Alejandra

Re:MSSQL 7.0 - system stored proc problem (sp_Setapprole)

I forgot to mention that if you will use sp_setapprole be sure that you app
will use only 1 connection. Because BDE can open extra connections probably
you will see strange permission errors unless you know what are you doing.
Sinan.

"Abaco Informatica" <abas...@satlink.com> wrote in message

> My problem is that I cant execute the system stored procedure
> sp_Setapprole, so I cant connect to MS SQL Server via an applications
> function. I tried with DB.EXEC as well as with the TStoredProc component
> with no success.
> However, I was able to make it work using the ODBC driver.

> My question is: Is there way of doing this using SQL Links?

> I am using Delphi 5 along with MS SQL Server 7.0 in Windows 95.

> TIA

> Alejandra

Other Threads