RDS / DCom /Windows95

I have written an Intranet app (an OCX) which connects to a database using
RDS.  On my asp file I have a button which the user can click to produce a
Word document using COM objects (TWordApplication etc.).
When my application is accessed from an NT workstation, it works fine.  When
it is accessed from a Windows 95 workstation, it appears to try to access
the database twice i.e. it fetches the data from the database, creates the
Word document, then appears to try to refetch the data again - producing an
error.  The code is very simple and I can not trace the error.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
Ian