Dont sell codegear to embarcadero

2008-05-13 11:25:26 AM
delphi231
Please dont sell codegear, borland take care of it
ColdAir

Re:Dont sell codegear to embarcadero

ColdAir writes:
Please dont sell codegear, borland take care of it

ColdAir

Why not. Die now or die later. Who knows they might breathe life into
the product. If they treat the products right this could be a very good
deal for everybody.
How much did Borland pay for DBase?

Re:Dont sell codegear to embarcadero

Well, borland built it, I think it should be persistent in taking care of
its creations.
ColdAir
"D-Fan" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

ColdAir writes:
Please dont sell codegear, borland take care of it

A little too late for that I'd say. Borland HAS already taken
care of that. CG has been sold.
Edmund

ColdAir writes:
Well, borland built it, I think it should be persistent in taking care of
its creations.

Borland doesn't exist for over a decade.
There's only a public corp with the same name and the short-sighted, lying, vulture-like BoD that is
common amongst public corps.
Even CG being sold to the next (privately held!) burger shop could not be as bad as to stay with
"Borland". ;-)

Re:Dont sell codegear to embarcadero

It's better to sell it than to continue be in a company that don't want
IDEs. With this selling our company now is Borland-Free. JBuilder is
kicked out when the castrate the pro-version (no web-development) and
now Delphi have a new home.
Borland? Who the f*** is Borland?

ColdAir writes:
Please dont sell codegear, borland take care of it

ColdAir
That this is an idle wish is already discussed. I wonder why you think
CodeGear would be better off with a company that treated its IDE
division so badly.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] www.teamb.com
"Men have become the tools of their tools."

Re:Dont sell codegear to embarcadero

"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
CodeGear would be better off with a company that treated its IDE
division so badly.
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
Would you have said that if they hadn't sold CG TeamB guy ;-( ?
Rita

Re:Dont sell codegear to embarcadero

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
I only wish the ALM guys had not "stolen" the Borland name from "us".
They knew where the good assets were. It was the "Inprise" guys I
couldn't figure out. They didn't have a clue.
Maybe we can create a little slang, like "BORLY", as in "Rather
Borland-esc".
--
Patrick Moloney

Patrick Moloney writes:
Maybe we can create a little slang, like "BORLY", as in "Rather
Borland-esc".
Get some Australians to invent the slang. They seem to have a real
knack for it.

Re:Dont sell codegear to embarcadero

"ColdAir" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Well, borland built it, I think it should be persistent in taking care of
its creations.
The current Borland is not at all the same Borland that originally developed
Delphi or the other language and IDE products, and it has been painfully
clear for some years that Borland no longer wants anything to do with these
types of products.
Suggesting that Borland should continue to caretake is the same as
suggesting an abusive or neglectful parent retain custody of a child *just
because* it is his or her child.
To its credit, Borland extracted the developer and database products, and
the employees that *rightly* should inherit the positive legacy of the
original Borland, into a separate division so that its value could be
better measured, and has now been able to make a deal to let CodeGear break
away and go to someone that sees more value in them and their products.
--
Wayne Niddery - TeamB (www.teamb.com)
Winwright, Inc. (www.winwright.ca)

Re:Dont sell codegear to embarcadero

"Wayne Niddery (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

The current Borland is not at all the same Borland that originally
developed Delphi or the other language and IDE products, and it has been
painfully clear for some years that Borland no longer wants anything to do
with these types of products.

Suggesting that Borland should continue to caretake is the same as
suggesting an abusive or neglectful parent retain custody of a child *just
because* it is his or her child.

To its credit, Borland extracted the developer and database products, and
the employees that *rightly* should inherit the positive legacy of the
original Borland, into a separate division so that its value could be
better measured, and has now been able to make a deal to let CodeGear
break away and go to someone that sees more value in them and their
products.
Very well, and succinctly, put!
Cheers,
Van Swofford
Tybee Jet Corp.

Re:Dont sell codegear to embarcadero

But they haven't which is why most of us are glad it is finally out of
their hands.

>ColdAir writes:
>>Please dont sell codegear, borland take care of it
>>
>>ColdAir
>Why not. Die now or die later. Who knows they might breathe life into
>the product. If they treat the products right this could be a very good
>deal for everybody.
>
>How much did Borland pay for DBase?

--
Thomas Miller