Re: help needs help

2007-09-01 06:11:13 PM
delphi250
"Nick Hodges (CodeGear)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Brad White writes:

>I just wanted to point out that help is about
>the only thing I have heard anyone complain
>about D2007.
>To me this looks like tremendous progress!

I appreciate you guys pointing out the great quality strides we've
made.

And I think we've bashed Codegear enough regarding the help for the time
being...
-d

Re: help needs help

I.P. Nichols writes:
But does your Q get to hangout with Miss Moneypenny?
The other one plays with galaxies but it all depends which Moneypenny
you are talking about as to which is more fun :)
--
Dean

Re: help needs help

I,
| en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_(James_Bond)
| "Ian Fleming based the character of Q on Charles Fraser Smith, a real
| life engineer of gadgets for escaping servicemen during the Second
| World War."
<g>
I had the nickname "Q" before Ian Fleming wrote the 007 stories. ;-)
...and Llewelyn had more hair at our age than I do. <g>
09/01/2007 10:50:37
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: help needs help

Dave,
| that is not the Q I was referring to, but thanks for the reminder <g>
I knew who you were referencing. <g>
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_(Star_Trek)
"Q," as played by John de Lancie was definitely an enigmatic character.
<g>As a lay student of psychology, I thnk de Lancie's "Q" was a
manifestation of the good and the bad, the black and the white and the
shades of gray in between, nature of the psyche with which we humans
struggle. Pretty well done by the writers in my mind.
09/01/2007 10:57:00
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: help needs help

Chee,
| I absolutely adore Q! :o)
I also think the de Lancie "Q" character was very well done. By both
the writers and de Lancie. (Please see my reply to Dave.)
09/01/2007 11:03:58
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: help needs help

"Chee Wee Chua (CodeGear)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
I recently purchased the STTNG DVDs and am watching it to relive my past
memories of the glorious days gone by.
Same here. I am going through the 4th season right now. I am amazed at how many
episodes I missed from those years, until I remember that I was in grad school
at that time and had no TV for roughly 4 years!
--
***Free Your Mind***
Posted with JSNewsreader Preview 0.9.7.3431

Re: help needs help

Brad White <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
I just wanted to point out that help is about
the only thing I have heard anyone complain
about D2007.
Manipulating packages is still buggy, in my experience, even after update #2.
I don't use the Delphi help system much these days, but it seemed adequate the
few times I have needed it lately. Like the damn VS2005 help system it gives me a
bunch of irrelevant stuff (usually useless .NET stuff).
Help systems in general have deteriorated since MSFT came out with .NET.
--
***Free Your Mind***
Posted with JSNewsreader Preview 0.9.7.3432

Re: help needs help

Q Correll <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<46d9a95d$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
Pretty well done by the writers in my mind.
Your mind has writers? How'd you manage that? Also, aren't you afraid of what
might happen during the next writer's strike? <g>
--
***Free Your Mind***
Posted with JSNewsreader Preview 0.9.7.3433

Re: help needs help

Captain,
| Your mind has writers? How'd you manage that?
Yep. They've always just been there. Just part of the Unconscious
psyche I guess.
| Also, aren't you afraid of what might happen during the next writer's
strike? <g>
They don't go on strike.
09/02/2007 10:21:18

Captain Jake writes:
>Season 4? I have only gone through season two.

Since Paramount has announced that they are going HD DVD instead of
Blu-Ray, I am looking forward to getting much of my future Star Trek
in HD DVD.
The way I have read about a lot of HD experiences, HD DVD is going to
ruin your life...

Re: help needs help

Chee Wee Chua (CodeGear) writes:
The way I have read about a lot of HD experiences, HD DVD is going to
ruin your life...
An argument can be made that if you're a Star Trek geek, that ship has
already sailed.
(I'm one, too)

Re: help needs help

It happens that Tom Corey formulated :
Chee Wee Chua (CodeGear) writes:

>The way I have read about a lot of HD experiences, HD DVD is going to
>ruin your life...

An argument can be made that if you're a Star Trek geek, that ship has
already sailed.

LOL