Re: Verture buyout...

2006-02-16 01:51:08 AM
delphi89
Moni writes:
So... what is a 'venture buyout'?
Click the link at the end of the post.
Borland newsgroup denizen Sergio González has a new CD of
Irish music out, and it is good: tinyurl.com/7hgfr

Re: Verture buyout...

At 18:51:08, 15.02.2006, Craig Stuntz [TeamB] writes:
Moni writes:

>So... what is a 'venture buyout'?

Click the link at the end of the post.
The link is badly recognizable as one. The blue and the black don't
differ very much. I think the W3C recommends that links are at least
underscored.
--
Ramona

Moni writes:

>So... what is a 'venture buyout'?

Click the link at the end of the post.
Seems to be a bit cyclic. One of the links given is the article by Allen.
;-)
But I don't see a definition anywhere.
--
Ramona

Re: Verture buyout...

This is an interesting post:
blogs.borland.com/abauer/archive/2006/02/13/23302.aspx
So... what is a 'venture buyout'? And what does it mean for Delphi?
I suppose to some people it means cash. But what does it mean to us mere
mortals (the developers)?

Re: Verture buyout...

It means will get the same sh*t that the java market has been getting over
for years.. If you remember, oracle, sun, netscape etc ventured on java and
the outcome was that the standard stayed behind in time. It was hugely
bureaucratic, not to mention that each company had its own agenda for the
technology.
"Moni" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Ramona van Riet writes:
I think the W3C recommends that links are at least
underscored.
But, but, but that is so unartistic !
:-)
JoeH

Re: Verture buyout...

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] writes:

Click the link at the end of the post.
Ah yes, the invisible link that you can only see if you move the mouse
over it :-)
--

Re: Verture buyout...

It means will get the same sh*t that the java market has been getting over
for years.. If you remember, oracle, sun, netscape etc ventured on java
and the outcome was that the standard stayed behind in time. It was hugely
bureaucratic, not to mention that each company had its own agenda for the
technology.
No a Venture Capital buyout is a private capital firm that buys the company
in question, puts in its own management (or allows current management to
invest by lending them the funds). So it would be a smaller firm with more
tightly focused goals, with even less bureaucracy than you indicate.
Oliver Townshend

Re: Verture buyout...

See this www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/VC.html

>This is an interesting post:
>
>blogs.borland.com/abauer/archive/2006/02/13/23302.aspx
>
>So... what is a 'venture buyout'? And what does it mean for Delphi?
>
>I suppose to some people it means cash. But what does it mean to us
>mere mortals (the developers)?

Fascinating read. Thanks.
Glynn
--