Re: AQUISITION NEWS ANNOUNCED!!!

Hi Liz,
Yes, a long time ago, in a land far away, in a company called Inprise. I'm
glad it was
a fairy tale and not reality. :-)
-- Larry
"Liz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Larry Maturo writes:

>I don't think it is a spoof. I think this deal almost went through,
>and then fell apart aftter everyone thought it was a done deal.
>Search on "Boraland Corel", and you will also see all the posts on
>why the deal fell through. Most people don't realize how close
>Borland was to total catasrophe on this. I can not even imagine how
>bad this could have been.

All the posts I saw were 6 years old

--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Larry Maturo writes:
Yes, a long time ago, in a land far away, in a company called
Inprise. I am glad it was a fairy tale and not reality. :-)
yep, we all remember the inprise stuff.
I just felt I ought to check in case there were newer posts
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Re: AQUISITION NEWS ANNOUNCED!!!

Randy Magruder writes:
I DARN HIM TO HECK!!!!!!
C'mon Randy, that is a little harsh don't you think? :-)
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Re: AQUISITION NEWS ANNOUNCED!!!

"Jerry Hayes" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
ANN: Corel Corporation Reports Immediate Aquisition of Borland Products
<shaking finger>
You're a bad man.
a baaddddd mannnn...

Re: AQUISITION NEWS ANNOUNCED!!!

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 11:47:42 -0500, "Larry Maturo" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
writes:

I don't think it is a spoof. I think this deal almost went through, and then
fell apart aftter everyone thought it was a done deal. Search on "Boraland
Corel", and you will also see all the posts on why the deal fell through.
Most people don't realize how close Borland was to total catasrophe on
this. I can not even imagine how bad this could have been.
I think this quote really says it all:
"When Canadian software publisher Corel announced Monday that it
bought the company formerly known as the Borland Corporation, many
heads nodded throughout Silicon Valley.
Borland, people felt, was in a better place now."
That really says a lot of how bad a state Borland was in, if you ask
me :)
- Asbjørn

Re: AQUISITION NEWS ANNOUNCED!!!

"Lord Crc" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
writes:

>I don't think it is a spoof. I think this deal almost went through, and
>then
>fell apart aftter everyone thought it was a done deal. Search on
>"Boraland
>Corel", and you will also see all the posts on why the deal fell through.
>Most people don't realize how close Borland was to total catasrophe on
>this. I can not even imagine how bad this could have been.

I think this quote really says it all:

"When Canadian software publisher Corel announced Monday that it
bought the company formerly known as the Borland Corporation, many
heads nodded throughout Silicon Valley.

Borland, people felt, was in a better place now."

That really says a lot of how bad a state Borland was in, if you ask
me :)
You guys are scaring the new guy!
Dan

Re: AQUISITION NEWS ANNOUNCED!!!

created a new technical powerhouse to be named COBOL.
I thought COBOL was extinguished almost completely as a language.
So now all Delphi users must change from Pascal syntax to COBOL syntax, is
that the bottom line of this delayed Aprils fool??

Re: AQUISITION NEWS ANNOUNCED!!!

I thought COBOL was extinguished almost completely as a language.
COBOL will be around when Delphi is long forgotten if you ask me.
Oliver Townshend