Database Engine Error--Insufficient disk space

2005-04-24 10:16:12 AM
delphi151
Using D7, Paradox7. On loading a source into the IDE, I get the above
error, but have 17GB free on the disk. On trying to start the program
the error displays that "insufficient disk space". This program had
been running fine, and I made some changes seemingly unrelated to this.
Thanks for any help.

Re:Database Engine Error--Insufficient disk space

This is a know bug in the BDE that occurs because the BDE uses an
outdated Windows API function to get free disk space. It happens when
your free space is close to a multiple of 4 gb. Someone posted a fix in
Code Central that some have had success with. Try searching there.
There have been extensive discussions of this problem in this newsgroup
which you can find with Google Groups.
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Database Engine Error--Insufficient disk space

Someone posted a fix in
Code Central that some have had success with.
Yes, on W2K and XP.
But beware that it will crash on starup in W98.
Need to modify the code to be ignored if running W98.
Olivier