Registration Problems with Delphi Trial Version

2003-07-08 04:58:49 AM
delphi152
I'm having trouble using the trial version of delphi that I
downloaded. When I try to open it, it tells me that I must first
register the product. A registration wizard pops up, sends me to www.borland.com/products/downloads, tells me I need to register my product, but doesn't tell me how to do so.
I've saved the registration file that was sent to my other
e-mail address (XXXX@XXXXX.COM)in the appropriate location (C:\Doucuments and
Settings\wilkeningco) but it still won't register.
I'd like to start using the trial version as soon as I can--
how do I register it so I can do that?
<>< Katie

Re:Registration Problems with Delphi Trial Version

Katie writes:
I'm having trouble using the trial version of delphi that I
downloaded. When I try to open it, it tells me that I must first
register the product. A registration wizard pops up, sends me to
www.borland.com/products/downloads, tells me I need to register my
product, but doesn't tell me how to do so.

I've saved the registration file that was sent to my other e-mail
address (XXXX@XXXXX.COM)in
the appropriate location (C:\Doucuments and Settings\wilkeningco) but
it still won't register.

I'd like to start using the trial version as soon as I can-- how do I
register it so I can do that?
Navigate to your .borland folder and delete registry.slm. Then try to
start Delphi again. If that does not work, what operating system are
you running? What is the name of the file that was sent to you?
Regards,
Steve
--
Please visit our online support pages at
www.borland.com/devsupport/

Re:Registration Problems with Delphi Trial Version

I deleted the registry.slm file, but Delphi still will not
launch. I am running Windows 2000 Professional. The name of
the file that was sent to me was reg106.txt.
What should I do?
Katie

Katie writes:
I deleted the registry.slm file, but Delphi still will not
launch. I am running Windows 2000 Professional. The name of
the file that was sent to me was reg106.txt.

What should I do?
Do any of the suggestions contained in this article help you?
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,29573,00.html
Regards,
Steve
--
Please visit our online support pages at
www.borland.com/devsupport/
Stephen Blas (Borland Software Corporation)
www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:Registration Problems with Delphi Trial Version

I just checked the link to the article that you sent, and the
only thing on there that might be a problem is where it says
to make sure that there are no TSRs running in the background.
What's a TSR and how do I get it to not run in the background
if I have one?

Katie writes:
I just checked the link to the article that you sent, and the
only thing on there that might be a problem is where it says
to make sure that there are no TSRs running in the background.
What's a TSR and how do I get it to not run in the background
if I have one?
whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci214183,00.html. I
doubt this is the problem though. I only included that in the document
because I tried everything else with a different customer and was
stumped and he then wrote me back a few days later and indicated that a
TSR had been the problem.
Send me your reg106.txt file. I would like to examine it and see if it may
be the problem. My e-mail address is first initial last name at
borland.com.
Regards,
Steve
--
Please visit our online support pages at
www.borland.com/devsupport/
Stephen Blas (Borland Software Corporation)
www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:Registration Problems with Delphi Trial Version

Sven Borstelmann writes:
I have the same problem. (Notebook with WinXPhome, AntiVirPE
disabled, Delphi6PE kompletely uninstalled, "borland" and "delphi"
entries in registry deleted, the german version
Delphi7TrialInstall-De.exe downloaded.) can not register. I tried it
with reg119.txt in the Home-dir but it doesn't accept it, only says
that I have to register and refers to the register side. I tried an
older reg107.txt, got with an older Delphi7TrialInstall.exe, which
both I never used (installation failed too), then it says "time
expired". (It seaems I only can reinstall D6PE again.) I can try
install the english verison or to uninstall AntiVir... Any more
ideas? Regards, Sven
In Katie's case, I corresponded in personal e-mail and it turned out she
was not saving the file to the home directory. The confusion was that
[user_name] was thought to be the BDN Login name and not the Windows
Login name.
In your case, reg119.txt is the activation file for the Delphi 7
Personal Promotion, not for the Delphi 7 Architect Trial which is why it
will not activate your Trial. The Delphi 7 Personal Promotion is the
Delphi 7 Personal edition that was distributed on a CD with some magazines.
If you feel you have a good case for extending your Trial, call Customer
Service (phone number varies by country) and explain your situation and
they may be able to extend the Trial.
Regards,
Steve