German EKON flyer w/o Unicode?

2004-08-23 05:39:41 PM
delphi116
Hi everybody,
is there really a famous (as the flyer says) Marco Cant or is it just
the missing Unicode support from the leaflet printing machine that made
Marco Cant?to Marco Cant? :-)
I am refering to the morning session on Wednesday 29th of September...
Regards,
Holger

Re:German EKON flyer w/o Unicode?

I believe "? is ascii {chr(151)}
wolf

I guess so. Check www.entwickler-konferenz.de/

Re:German EKON flyer w/o Unicode?

is there really a famous (as the flyer says) Marco Cant or is it just
the missing Unicode support from the leaflet printing machine that made
Marco Cant?to Marco Cant? :-)
"Cant".
"Cantu".
"Cant".
"Cantu".
"Cant".
"Cantu".
"Cant".
"Cantu".
"Cant".
"Cantu".
"Cant".
"Cantu".

Re:German EKON flyer w/o Unicode?

is there really a famous (as the flyer says) Marco Cant or is it just
the missing Unicode support from the leaflet printing machine that made
Marco Cant?to Marco Cant? :-)
Haven't seen the flyer, luckily the web site has it correct. Anyway,
that's not the first time nor the last I get this sort of problems with my
last name. On formal documents, credit card, etc, it is usually
mis-spelled spelled CANTU', but at times I forget people might have
troubles so I enter the accented u (whcih is just a plain standard key on
my italian keyboard)...
- Marco Cantu (author Mastering Delphi 7)
www.marcocantu.com
Browse newsgroups at delphi.newswhat.com

Re:German EKON flyer w/o Unicode?

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:18:58 +0200, "Wolfgang Lechner"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I believe "? is ascii {chr(151)}

wolf

Nonsense.
The ASCII characterset only defines the range of 0 to 127.
Oz
--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Re:German EKON flyer w/o Unicode?

Wolfgang Lechner writes:
I believe "z" is ascii {chr(151)}
Ha! - the perils of using a Grotty Old Newsreader (tm).
What Wolfgang *thought* he'd typed was "I believe "? is ascii
{chr(151)}". But his post didn't specify a character set. So it
defaulted to US-ASCII and got mangled to "z".
--
Colin - using XanaNews HTTP Transport
e-mail :XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:German EKON flyer w/o Unicode?

On 24 Aug 2004 10:03:27 -0700, "Colin Wilson"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Wolfgang Lechner writes:

>I believe "z" is ascii {chr(151)}

Ha! - the perils of using a Grotty Old Newsreader (tm).

What Wolfgang *thought* he'd typed was "I believe "? is ascii
{chr(151)}". But his post didn't specify a character set. So it
defaulted to US-ASCII and got mangled to "z".
Hmmm...
I'm reading news with Free Agent, and for me it shows Wolfgang's post
with an '? (that's 'u' with an acute accent, not the grave accent).
Chr(151) is an u-grave in the OEM charset, but looking at the post in
hex, it looks like Wolfgang wrote Chr(250) which is u-acute in the
Windows charset (where u-grave is Chr(249)).
Of course, I am Swedish, so my computer doesn't default to US-ASCII :-)
So, how does my post look for a US-ASCII reader?
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD: w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm