SetDeviceGammaRamp

2003-08-18 11:07:33 AM
delphi35
Hi,
I'm using SetDeviceGammaRamp to alter Gamma/Brightness/Contrast of the
DesktopDC.
Can anyone point me in the right direction with splitting the RGB and only
altering one chanel at a time as in Gamma Panel at
www.stars.benchmark.pl/
Regards
Nic Roche
Encore Software

Re:SetDeviceGammaRamp

modify the values as required.
It is these modifications that I need direction with.
The values loop through 256 times.
The RGB is (for general gamma) is something like:
W := Byte(Round(V * 255.0)) Shl 8;
R.R[I ] := W;
R.G[I ] := W;
R.B[I ] := W;
To modify just one chanel, how do I modify these values?
"Ignacio Vazquez" <ivazquezATorioncommunications.com>writes
"Nic Roche" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
3f40449e$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>I'm using SetDeviceGammaRamp to alter Gamma/Brightness/Contrast of the
>DesktopDC.
>
>Can anyone point me in the right direction with splitting the RGB and
only
>altering one chanel at a time

Use GetDeviceGammaRamp first then modify the values as required.

Cheers,
Ignacio

--
No, don't send me e-mail directly. No, just don't.

Re:SetDeviceGammaRamp

"Nic Roche" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
The RGB is (for general gamma) is something like:
W := Byte(Round(V * 255.0)) Shl 8;
R.R[I ] := W;
R.G[I ] := W;
R.B[I ] := W;

To modify just one chanel, how do I modify these values?
Skip the assignments that change the channels you want to remain the same.
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re:SetDeviceGammaRamp

I settled on non-channel ramps...
I am having problems altering the fullscreen media player gamma values.
Is this do-able?
If so the GetDC( TActiveMovie1.handle ) is not giving me the DC I need.
Which DC (if any) do I use for this?
tnx
"Ignacio Vazquez" <ivazquezATorioncommunications.com>writes
"Nic Roche" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>The RGB is (for general gamma) is something like:
>W := Byte(Round(V * 255.0)) Shl 8;
>R.R[I ] := W;
>R.G[I ] := W;
>R.B[I ] := W;
>
>To modify just one chanel, how do I modify these values?

Skip the assignments that change the channels you want to remain the same.

Cheers,
Ignacio

--
No, don't send me e-mail directly. No, just don't.

Re:SetDeviceGammaRamp

That API call does not work with all systems and video cards.