Government should ban Microsoft products.

2003-09-04 12:10:46 PM
delphi234
www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/09/03/nuclearplant.warning.ap/index.html
Of all absurdity, nuclear plants are run on Microsoft OS. See what they get?
They should follow Raytheon which uses Borland Products for cross platform
solutions and not using Microsoft products when national security issues are
at hand.

Re:Government should ban Microsoft products.

Hello Susie Faux Pas,
Of all absurdity, nuclear plants are run on Microsoft OS. See what they get?
I can not imagine the nuclear plant controlled by PC with installed Windows...
--
Dzmitry Piatrushenia
ICQ #48665143

Re:Government should ban Microsoft products.

Please discuss this in borland.public.off-topic.
Thank you,
-Craig

Re:Government should ban Microsoft products.

"Susie Faux Pas" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote

www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/09/03/nuclearplant.warning.ap/index.html

Of all absurdity, nuclear plants are run on Microsoft OS. See what they
get?
They should follow Raytheon which uses Borland Products for cross platform
solutions and not using Microsoft products when national security issues
are
at hand.
I was with you until you mentioned Borland. Borland products are just as
buggy and on top of that, bugfixes come at a much slower rate (if any).

Re:Government should ban Microsoft products.

"Dzmitry Piatrushenia" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I can not imagine the nuclear plant controlled by PC with installed
Windows...
Worse, WinCE for automated controls.
"I'm sorry Dave, we just BSODed the control rods, meltdown to begin in 12
minutes"
<shudder>
Mike

Re:Government should ban Microsoft products.

"Joe Real" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
The Dilbert Head managers are a rampant epidemic in America. Repeat with>
me "Can't go wrong with Microsoft" - yeah, right.
What about all the Tech Heads who's primary life experience is Net surfing?
Even if the nuclear reactors melted down, still people will love
Microsoft.
The "critical control systems" in US nuclear plants are all analog with
double and triple redundancy. No digital electronics of *any* kind --- too
unreliable.