OpenGL and GLUT for Delphi

2003-07-22 08:15:46 PM
delphi152
Hi all,
I am doing a uni course on computer graphics this coming semester, and
although the course is geared towards using OpenGL and GLUT with C/C++ I
would also like to use Delphi (v6) as well.
I have found an OpenGL dcu in the Delphi6 installation, but can anyone tell
me if there is a Delphi version of GLUT or can I convert the GLUT library
with one of Delphi's tools. I have acquired GLUT 3.7.6 for windows but this
is only C code.
Cheers
Colin
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:OpenGL and GLUT for Delphi

I would also like to use Delphi (v6) as well.
I have found an OpenGL dcu in the Delphi6 installation, but can anyone tell
me if there is a Delphi version of GLUT or can I convert the GLUT library
with one of Delphi's tools. I have acquired GLUT 3.7.6 for windows but this
is only C code.
Avoid using GLUT, because it is outdated! But if you need it, grab it at
www.delphi3d.net/download.php
Next point: Don't use the OpenGL Unit that ships with Delphi! Use the
Unit from
www.delphi-gems.com/Graphics.php
instead or the one that comes from delphi3d.
Nicolai

Re:OpenGL and GLUT for Delphi

Even better, have a look at glscene.sourceforge.net/index.php for
just about everything you will need for OpenGL programming in Delphi.

Jepp, thats okay :)
But if you want to do everything alone, then go to
nehe.gamedev.net for very good tutorials. If you're able to speek
German, or read it, then you will find very goog tutorials at
www.delphigl.com