Extremely simple (I hope) graphics question.

2003-09-29 09:43:19 PM
delphi279
Before, when I was using my ISP's newsgroup server I got absolutely NO
answers to any of my posts. Now that I have switched to
newsgroups.borland.com I hope that will change!
My question...
I'm using D5Ent & XP Home. I am brand new to graphics programming & just
want a simple colored balloon to rise from the bottom of the screen & go to
the top. So far I have been trying it with a TPaintBox but I can not get rid of
the flickering. What do others use for graphics & animation
Any help is greatly appreciated.
--Doug

Re:Extremely simple (I hope) graphics question.

Set doublebuffered of the form you are using the paintbox on to true to
avoid flickering
Willem

--
Willem van Deursen
The Netherlands

Re:Extremely simple (I hope) graphics question.

"Doug Horton" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Before, when I was using my ISP's newsgroup server I got absolutely NO
answers to any of my posts. Now that I have switched to
newsgroups.borland.com I hope that will change!

<SNIP>
As far I I know, newsgroups.borland.com don't see any other post on other
servers! You have done the correct thing by switching :-)

Re:Extremely simple (I hope) graphics question.

Set doublebuffered of the form you are using the paintbox on to true to
avoid flickering

I tried that in the FormCreate method but it still flickers just the same.
Thanks anyway.

Doug Horton writes:

>My question...
>
>I'm using D5Ent & XP Home. I am brand new to graphics programming & just
>want a simple colored balloon to rise from the bottom of the screen & go
>the top. So far I have been trying it with a TPaintBox but I can not get
rid of
>the flickering. What do others use for graphics & animation?

Re:Extremely simple (I hope) graphics question.

I posted a very simple example in borland.public.attachments. Hope this
solves your problems.
Willem