free sdk

2005-09-25 04:22:50 AM
delphi151
hi
i'm looking a free sdk for manipuling image (jpeg, tif) with delphi (6 or
2005)
need to change brightness, size and so one
could you help me
thanks in advance

Re:free sdk

The best thing to do (in my oppinion) is to divide the problem into 3 or
more distrinct parts:
1. file format Input
2. Manipulation
3. file format output
1 & 3 = IO codecs, for this there are many options. If you just need Input,
get GraphicEX. If you need both loading and saving of jpeg & tiff, get
libtiff for delphi (search on google). Be warned however, that this is
native code, not managed. For managed code - check out the .net classes that
are buildt in.
2. Once you have the graphics loaded, you need some easy way to manipulate
it. For this, you can use standard TBitmap, or even better - get Graphics32
(free). The latter being much faster, easier to work with - and has better
support for filters and manipulation.A lot of examples and code are
available for graphics32. Again be warned, no managed code (that god).
Hope it helps
Jon Lennart Aasenden,
Norway
"vhoward" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
hi

i'm looking a free sdk for manipuling image (jpeg, tif) with delphi (6 or
2005)

need to change brightness, size and so one

could you help me
thanks in advance

Re:free sdk

Should read